Malaysia is a country rich in natural beauty and biodiversity. With that said, lovers looking for outdoor date ideas have a lot of options to choose from. Wherever you are located in the country, there’s always a national park or nature reserve nearby where you and your fiance(e) can enjoy the outdoors. If you don’t know where to start, here are some exciting suggestions that you can try:
- Spend a day with the monkeys at the Bako National Park. The main attraction in this park are the proboscis monkeys, that are often mistaken by some people as orangutans because of their similar colors. The park is also home to more than 150 species of rare birds.
- Scale the slopes of Mount Kinabalu. A popular destination for mountain climbers, the peak of Mt. Kinabalu offers a stunning view of the surrounding countryside. If you want to stay overnight in the mountain, there are huts that you can rent.
- Enjoy any of Malaysia’s popular cycling trails located in places like Kuala Lumpur, Klang Valley, and Selangor. If you and your other half enjoy biking, Malaysia is the perfect place to go on bike trips because of the country’s terrain and topography. Cycling is a growing sport in the country so there’s no shortage of stores where you can purchase top-of-the-line bikes and accessories. In fact, you can even check out road bikes in Malaysia online.
- Explore the wonders of Kilim Geoforest Park. This park is home to white-sand beaches, mangrove forests, and blue lagoons. It’s highly recommended that you take a boat and tour the corners of the park. You can also go swimming or snorkeling.
- Enter the famous caves of the Gunung Mulu National Park. If spelunking is your thing, this is the perfect place for you. This park is home to one of the most extensive cave systems in Malaysia. Some of the chambers extend thousands of feet into the bowels of the earth. It’s easy to get lost in these chambers with dozens of openings and exits. Which is why people aren’t allowed inside without an experienced guide.
You can try all of these date ideas if you want. These are some ideas that would be perfect for milestones in your romantic relationship, like anniversaries or monthsaries. Malaysia has a very efficient public transport system, so finding your way towards the locations mentioned above isn’t that difficult.